Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Red, White, and You





Red ribbons, garland of gold

Pine trees glisten in the cold

Stars high up in the sky

Christmas is in the air

But the wind is cold without you

Snowflakes, clean and white

Colours blocking my sight

Jolly jingles sound all around

Cups of hot chocolate

Try to warm my soul

But everything feels stale without you



Presents wrapped in red & green

Christmas stockings with jelly beans

Happy children dancing around

Life with colour all around

But it’s grey without you



Love enough to fill an ocean

Christmas is a magic potion

Everything so white and serene

Christmas means love

But I feel alone without you



Candy canes, chocolate, and pie

When families draw nigh

Carols are sung

The fun has just begun

Cause it’s Christmas night



I was cold, blind, and alone

Searching for Christmas

Until one day I found Christmas

In a lonely corner

That was when I met you….



Votredame

No comments:

Post a Comment